Raising Children …

 


Kawase Hasui - Winter Moon over Toyama Plain, 1931

While reading an article titled, “Raising a Good Person in Fractured Times”, many memories came flooding in from long ago. When my boys were 5 and 7, we moved to Eureka Springs and they began to attend a small independent school, The Clear Spring School. This article repeatedly referred to “moral support” and how necessary it is in the process of raising children. Shortly after we began at this small school, Hillary Clinton published her book It Takes A Village: and Other Lessons Children Teach Us. This book presents a vision for the children of America. It focuses on the impact individuals and groups outside the family have, for better or worse, on a child's well-being, and advocates a society which meets all of a child's needs. What I witnessed here in our small village was exactly that: the families helped each other, we filled in for each other when one mom was working and there was a soccer game, we weren’t afraid to discipline each others’ children — we cared. May we never forget we all look at the same moon …


“Always remember we are under the same sky, looking at the same moon." 

Maxine Lee


“One infinite God, good, unifies men and nations; constitutes the brotherhood of man; ends wars; fulfils the Scripture, ‘Love thy neighbor as thyself;’ annihilates pagan and Christian idolatry, — whatever is wrong in social, civil, criminal, political, and religious codes; equalizes the sexes; annuls the curse on man, and leaves nothing that can sin, suffer, be punished or destroyed.” 

Mary Baker Eddy - Science.  & Health Page 340:23-30


“You can do much on behalf of your own healing and that of others if, in a situation calling for help, you think of it this way:

I am here only to be truly helpful.

I am here to represent Him Who sent me.

I do not have to worry about what to say or what to do, because He Who sent me will direct me.

I am content to be wherever He wishes, knowing He goes there with me.

I will be healed as I let Him teach me to heal.” 

A Course in Miracles T-2.V-A.18:1-6

No comments:

Post a Comment

New Today

Truth Needs No Defense

Photo credit: Jerry Dupy Many of my friends are social activists. They have worked for years to improve our environment, politics, and the m...