Turn on Some Lights

Photo credit: Susan Luddy

We would all love to save the world, would we not? Yet we know we can’t change someone else; change only happens within our own thought. But then again, I’ve found many people are simply regurgitating things they have heard all their lives, and when they find something which turns on a light (or rings a bell, if you will!) deep inside them, they suddenly want to know more about these ideas which have piqued their interest. It may seem as though we are not doing anything when we interact with people in our day-to-day activities. When we notice our thoughts, we may find we're listening to another for the purpose of responding to their words. Real listening allows true communication, not just our interpretation of what is being said. I've discovered that my perception of what someone is saying to me may not be what they are really saying, and I am twisting their words to fit what I expect them to say. Every time I catch myself doing this, my desire to understand is renewed. Hallelujah!

“The calm and exalted thought or spiritual apprehension is at peace. Thus the dawn of ideas goes on, forming each successive stage of progress.”
Mary Baker Eddy - Science & Health Page 506:11-14

“I have already said that miracles are expressions of miracle-mindedness, and miracle-mindedness means right-mindedness. The right-minded neither exalt nor depreciate the mind of the miracle worker or the miracle receiver. However, as a correction, the miracle need not await the right-mindedness of the receiver. In fact, its purpose is to restore him to his right mind. It is essential, however, that the miracle worker be in his right mind, however briefly, or he will be unable to re-establish right-mindedness in someone else.”
A Course in Miracles T-2.V.3:1-5

No comments:

Post a Comment

New Today

Truth Needs No Defense

Photo credit: Jerry Dupy Many of my friends are social activists. They have worked for years to improve our environment, politics, and the m...