Saturday, September 7, 2024

A Dreamy Reality

Photo courtesy of Richard Quick

Our true identity is so much more than we imagine. In this time of shifting perception and actualized reality, we humbly and happily accept our identity as a spiritual being! To illustrate this awakening, let's take as a metaphor the act of falling asleep in our favorite chair. We may succumb to blissful sleep, which includes both sweet dreams and nightmares. Anything is possible in our dreams, so maybe this falling into sleep is more prescient than we realize. Maybe it allows us to experience what seems impossible in daily living, and by it we realize the limitlessness of our true Selves. Today I'm not going to worry if my waking dream of material existence seems fraught with limitations and unwanted beliefs, because I know these can be transformed in the "twinkling of an eye". My true Self, with its shimmering, brilliant purity and limitless Love may seem like a dream, but I will look past mere belief to the depth of spiritual reality. 


“My Self is holy beyond all the thoughts of holiness of which I now conceive. Its shimmering and perfect purity is far more brilliant than is any light that I have ever looked upon. Its love is limitless, with an intensity that holds all things within it, in the calm of quiet certainty. Its strength comes not from burning impulses which move the world, but from the boundless Love of God Himself. How far beyond this world my Self must be, and yet how near to me and close to God!”

A Course in Miracles W-252.1:1-5


“My angels are exalted thoughts, appearing at the door of some sepulchre, in which human belief has buried its fondest earthly hopes. With white fingers they point upward to a new and glorified trust, to higher ideals of life and its joys." 

Mary Baker Eddy - Science & Health Page 299: 7-12

No comments:

Post a Comment

New Today

Surrounded By Love

Photo credit: Aaron Springston Do you recall a time when you felt swaddled in Love? Perhaps it was immediately following the birth of a chil...