Saturday, September 21, 2024

The Way of Gentleness

Photo of unknown origin

A Course in Miracles Workbook Lesson #265 states: “Creation's gentleness is all I see.”  Although this gentleness is everywhere, we’re often distracted by the universal belief in harshness, seeing it as the way of the world.  More and more, we're noticing animals showing us the way of gentleness, by way of their interactions with each other. As we begin to understand Oneness, we're seeing that when violence is done to or by one, it's done to or by all. It is a noble and possible goal, to allow our thoughts to change from fear and anger to Love and gentleness. Many people are holding with the old paradigm, and some say it's necessary for heinous acts to be committed, and also retaliation in kind. On the other hand, multitudes of us are reaching out in kindness, realizing the error of harshness in its many forms, innately knowing that it is possible for the lion to lay down with the lamb. Every thought is important as we rush toward a new way of living. Filling our lives with beauty and joy helps us find the pathway, and show others the way!


“The fowls, which fly above the earth in the open firmament of heaven, correspond to aspirations soaring beyond and above corporeality to the understanding of the incorporeal and divine Principle, Love.” 

Mary Baker Eddy-Science & Health Page 511:2


“Creation’s gentleness is all I see. I have indeed misunderstood the world, because I laid my sins on it and saw them looking back at me. How fierce they seemed! And how deceived was I to think that what I feared was in the world, instead of in my mind alone. Today I see the world in the celestial gentleness with which creation shines. There is no fear in it. Let no appearance of my sins obscure the light of Heaven shining on the world. What is reflected there is in God’s Mind. The images I see reflect my thoughts. Yet is my mind at one with God’s. And so I can perceive creation’s gentleness.


“In quiet would I look upon the world, which but reflects Your Thoughts, and mine as well. Let me remember that they are the same, and I will see creation’s gentleness.”

A Course in Miracles W-265.1:1–2:2

No comments:

Post a Comment

New Today

Truth Knocks at the Portal of Humanity

Are we finally ready for the truth? I've heard it said that we, as a human race, can’t stand to hear the truth if it contradicts long-he...