November 12, 2011 - Mine for the Giving

ACIM Lesson #316
“All gifts I give my brothers are my own.”

[Marsha's thoughts]
"Hobbs Trail"
photo by Gerry Toler
Thinking of all the good that is being given and received by everyone everywhere, and thinking of all that goodness being given by and to me, right here, right now, all the time – How far out is that??! After expressing this thought to someone, they said, "But what about the bad? Isn’t it given and received by everyone, and doesn’t it cancel out the good?" We could go through lots of conversation about these points, concerning the unreality of bad and the only-ness of good. But I don’t want to think in those ways any longer -- of right and wrong, good and bad -- so I won’t speak in those ways either. There is only One God, expressing only Itself. If we are the idea of God, there’s nothing else to consider. God is Love. We are Love and that’s a powerful principle to abide by! “Out beyond ideas of wrongdoing and right doing, there is a field. I will meet you there.” Rumi

“… that joy which finds one’s own in another’s good”
Miscellaneous Writings 1883–1896, p. 127



No comments:

Post a Comment

New Today

Correcting Twisted Views

Aurora Borealis in the Ozarks Photo courtesy of Catherine Reed One of the great things about the study of divine metaphysics is the never-en...