November 13, 2011 - Following the lead

ACIM Lesson #317
“I follow in the way appointed me.”
[Marsha’s thoughts]
Sweet Spring Stairs
photo by Gerry Toler
For a number of years I have felt that I am yielding my will to "follow in the way appointed me". Usually this yielding goes by unnoticed and I am happy letting go of strong opinions and other emotions which used to lead to turmoil and difficulties. But this was not so today. Often I will work 12 hours on Saturday, and I usually enjoy this time and even look forward to the second-wind high that kicks in at some point. Around the 10th hour, a woman walked into the gallery whom I hadn't seen in a number if years. When she had been a regular customer, I had always found her difficult to be around and often had to work hard at being nice to her. When she came in the gallery, my first reaction was one of recognizing someone I hadn't seen in a long time and greeting her warmly. That feeling lasted about ten seconds and I was suddenly repelled by her demeanor and the things she was saying. In the past, I would have just accepted this as part of the inevitable way life is: some people we like, some we don't. But that’s not enough now. I understand that my true self and her true self are one and the same. If I dislike her, I dislike myself. I don't dislike myself, and I don't dislike her. I look forward to seeing her again to see if this understanding will be demonstrated in action. (And I almost forgot why I mentioned the hours! After my shift in attitude, not one sale was made in the gallery)

Mary Baker Eddy quote:
“All the evidence of physical sense and all the knowledge obtained from physical sense must yield to Science, to the immortal truth of all things.”





No comments:

Post a Comment

New Today

Correcting Twisted Views

Aurora Borealis in the Ozarks Photo courtesy of Catherine Reed One of the great things about the study of divine metaphysics is the never-en...