November 8, 2011

ACIM Lesson #312
“I see all things as I would have them be.”

[Marsha’s thoughts]
Rain catching light
We seem to have enacted laws of illness for ourselves. The common cold (as it's called!) is a perfect example of this, along with all the other dis-ease we take for granted as unavoidable and even necessary. We think that certain symptoms appear, progress through phases with time, and then diminish and disappear. Well, this is not the way I choose to judge today! This morning I awoke with a runny nose and scratchy throat. I am not going to judge what this means. Instead, I choose to drop this illusion as quickly as I would drop one of any false sense which comes to me. Would I be tempted to be mean to an animal or stab my neighbor in the back? No! And so I turn away from the thoughts of coughing and sneezing with the same authority I have to turn away from thoughts of doom and gloom. Today I will keep as a constant companion the words of Mary Baker Eddy which are quoted herein. And as I sit looking at the beautiful fall colors and listening to the intermittent rain, I will see my perfection in every falling leaf.


Mary Baker Eddy quote:
"Take possession of your body, and govern its feeling and action. Rise in the strength of Spirit to resist all that is unlike good. God has made man capable of this, and nothing can vitiate the ability and power divinely bestowed on man."
Science & Health Page 393:10-15

No comments:

Post a Comment

New Today

Correcting Twisted Views

Aurora Borealis in the Ozarks Photo courtesy of Catherine Reed One of the great things about the study of divine metaphysics is the never-en...