November 24, 2011 - First/Second

ACIM Lesson #328
"I choose the second place to gain the first."

[Marsha's thoughts]
The Art of Sherry Young
As usual, we are trying to get out of our own way today! I Am grateful for the footsteps of Truth which have brought me to this present understanding. I Am grateful for where these steps will take me tomorrow. I Am most grateful for the omniscient Love which upholds me right where I Am. Today will be a day of gratitude expressed in every action. May every abundance witnessed today lead me to humble appreciation for All that Is. Thank You greatly ~~~

Mary Baker Eddy quote:
"Petitions bring to mortals only the results of mortals' own faith. We know that a desire for holiness is requisite in order to gain holiness; but if we desire holiness above all else, we shall sacrifice everything for it. We must be willing to do this, that we may walk securely in the only practical road to holiness. Prayer cannot change the unalterable Truth, nor can prayer alone give us an understanding of Truth; but prayer, coupled with a fervent habitual desire to know and do the will of God, will bring us into all Truth. Such a desire has little need of audible expression. It is best expressed in thought and in life.”
Science & Health Page 11:21-3






No comments:

Post a Comment

New Today

Correcting Twisted Views

Aurora Borealis in the Ozarks Photo courtesy of Catherine Reed One of the great things about the study of divine metaphysics is the never-en...