November 3, 2011

ACIM Lesson #307
“Conflicting wishes cannot be my will.”

Hat for Mad Hatter Ball
[Marsha's thoughts]
To be wide open, with no expectations, frees us in many ways. This state of Being especially opens us to the demonstration of the One absolute will. Recently something happened where I really wanted to assert my own will. A month or so ago, I was minding my own business when the thought came to me, "Go to the Mad Hatter's Ball". Well, I didn't want to do this! I don't go to balls, I don't dress up in outrageous garb, and I most certainly don't pay cash money for doing what I don't want to do! A week or so later, (to my chagrin!) I'm given two tickets to the ball. What am I going to wear? A stop by the Doggie Thrift Shop answers this question, and I leave with a wonderful hat, in a style I love, with crazy red polyester curls. So it seems as though I'm going, and at this point I acquiesce. And then while talking to someone in the post office about the event, the postal worker behind the counter tells me she's been working on a hat for three years and asks if I want to wear it. Maybe, I tell her -- Because I'm already pretty attached to my hat with the red hair. This is a long story to tell of a concept so simple that it requires no thought. Do whatever you hear/feel is the thing to be doing. There's no right or wrong with this yielding to intuition. I don't know why I was at this event, but everything came together beautifully and I had a great time, and even won a prize in the wildest hat contest. Perhaps there was someone I needed to meet and this was the time to do so; maybe I just needed to stretch my so-called comfort zone a bit. The possibilities are endless, and I don't have to know anything other than this: Thy/My will be done. And It is done ~~~


Mary Baker Eddy quote:
“We cannot serve two masters nor perceive divine Science with the material senses.”
Science and Health Page 167:11-12


1 comment:

  1. Marsha, this is another sharing which has passed repeatedly through my conscious mind since I read it a month ago. Thank you for reminding me to Let Go and Let my Higher Self speak through my intuition. I remember seeing your hat before the Mad Hatter's Ball, and it was then you told me that you this was your first MHB (I previously thought you attended yearly!). It is so beautiful to read the "unfolding" events which resulted in your presence at your first MHB. In addition to stretching your "comfort zone," perhaps another reason you were "directed" to the MHB was to allow the postoffice women's creation to be shared after three years of creative effort. Who knows, without your willingness to wear her hat, the hat may never appeared at a future MHB? Thank you for blessing the world by sharing your Truth!
    Richard - December 4, 2011

    ReplyDelete

New Today

Truth Needs No Defense

Photo credit: Jerry Dupy Many of my friends are social activists. They have worked for years to improve our environment, politics, and the m...