November 15, 2011 - Arrogance?

ACIM Lesson #319
“I came for the salvation of the world.”
[Marsha’s thoughts]
Sunrise September 12,
captured by Sandy Wythawai Starbird

I love that this lesson goes to there being no arrogance in the realization that I am here for the salvation of the world! If we feel that our material reasoning and contrived actions and reactions are humble, but the admission that we are on the same level of thought as God would have us be arrogant, we are not admitting the powerful, capable abilities which are ours by virtue of this admission. It seems to me that thinking we can do it all on our own is the height of arrogance. The understanding that I can do nothing on my own, but that I am capable of anything when I allow my true Self to be expressed by utilizing the power of the divine, is humbling. By this humble yielding to the divine which we are, we are admitting that what/who we are is indeed spiritual not material. From this point, there are no limits and we free to live in Truth.
Mary Baker Eddy quotes:
“Millions of unprejudiced minds--simple seekers for Truth, weary wanderers, athirst in the desert--are waiting and watching for rest and drink.”
Science & Health Page 570:14-17


“In the scientific relation of God to man, we find that whatever blesses one blesses all, as Jesus showed with the loaves and the fishes,--Spirit, not matter, being the source of supply.”
Science & Health Page 259:15-18












No comments:

Post a Comment

New Today

Correcting Twisted Views

Aurora Borealis in the Ozarks Photo courtesy of Catherine Reed One of the great things about the study of divine metaphysics is the never-en...