April 12, 2014 - Happiness, Your Natural State

ACIM Workbook Lesson # 102
“I share God’s Will for happiness for me.”

We all know people who seem to be chronically sad, don't we? I needn't recount the circumstances of those individuals, as I'm sure you know a few, too. They share a commonality of repeatedly replaying sad and distressing events in their thought and conversation. I have a few sad memories which pop into my head occasionally. When this happens, there's a choice: I can relive the event mentally and/or verbally and thereby keep it alive. Or I can acknowledge that it's still in my thoughts, but it is not the Truth of my Being. Yes, it happened (whatever it is). It's part of my material history. But my spiritual reality has not been touched by it. The peace brought by this understanding is priceless. I can be happy. Even in the midst of things which we may not think of as particularly joyful , we can give ourselves permission to be happy. It is, after all, our natural state of Being!

Mary Baker Eddy quote:
"An ill-attuned ear calls discord harmony, not appreciating concord. So physical sense, not discerning the true happiness of being, places it on a false basis. Science will correct the discord, and teach us life's sweeter harmonies."

Science & Health Page 60: 24-28

No comments:

Post a Comment

New Today

For Healing, Welcome Truth

Stop and Smell the Lilacs Many new-age thought systems try to find reasons for disease, then work to get rid of the "problem" whic...