April 26, 2014 - Happiness is the Way

ACIM Workbook Lesson #116
Review of: #101 "God's Will for me is perfect happiness." #102 "I share God's Will for happiness for me."

As sage words tell us: There is no way to happiness; happiness is the way. I saw an old friend in the grocery store whose 13-year-old daughter, an only child, died in a terrible way. When I asked her how she was doing, she said she was doing great for the most part; that there were a few tough days, but she knew it was dishonoring her sweet child's memory to spend her time in mourning. She said she had to pretend to be happy at first, but then began doing things her daughter loved doing and found that it made her happy, too. She thinks of her happiness as honoring her sweet child's life. I felt humbled in her presence. It caused me to examine my motives when I'm less than joyous. And I realize that happiness is indeed the way.

Mary Baker Eddy quote:
"Upon this stage of existence goes on the dance of mortal mind. Mortal thoughts chase one another like snowflakes, and drift to the ground. Science reveals Life as not being at the mercy of death, nor will Science admit that happiness is ever the sport of circumstance."

Science & Health Page 250:28-1

No comments:

Post a Comment

New Today

Truth Needs No Defense

Photo credit: Jerry Dupy Many of my friends are social activists. They have worked for years to improve our environment, politics, and the m...