April 15, 2014 - Am I Blocking Joy?

photo by Chris Fischer
ACIM Workbook Lesson #105
“God’s peace and joy are mine.”

Have you withheld peace and joy from someone? You may wonder how this could be done, but every time I hold a grievance about someone, or have feelings of separation stemming from things I think have been done to  me, I withhold peace and joy. And every time I withhold this harmony from others, I block it from myself. While we may know intellectually that God's gifts of peace and joy are continually being supplied to us, we may not be able to receive them fully for many reasons. But, basically, those reasons come down to one thing: I'm not giving and so I can't receive. By removing  the dams we have set up which are blocking this flow, we  allow them to go out to others as they are rushing in to us. Yes, God's peace and joy are mine. But I must give to receive."True giving is creation. It extends the limitless to the unlimited, eternity to timelessness, and love unto itself." ACIM


Mary Baker Eddy quote:
"The calm and exalted thought or spiritual apprehension is at peace. Thus the dawn of ideas goes on, forming each successive stage of progress." Science & Health Page 506:11-14

No comments:

Post a Comment

New Today

For Healing, Welcome Truth

Stop and Smell the Lilacs Many new-age thought systems try to find reasons for disease, then work to get rid of the "problem" whic...