November 26, 2014 - We Are

photo by Aaron Springston
ACIM Workbook Lesson #330
“I will not hurt myself again today.”

I love it when something happens which allows me to see my mistaken view of a situation. There's a popular television show called "Duck Dynasty". I've held myself superior to this show which is full of duck calls and strong opinions. On the other hand, one of my favorite TV shows is "Dancing With the Stars". Not only is it a mixture of beautiful dancing and music, but you get to know the dancers on a more personal level as they reveal themselves through dance and competition and fatigue. This season, the duck show's 17-year-old girl is dancing. She had never danced before, other than alone in her room, having a very strict upbringing. I must admit to having some prejudice against her when the season started. I decided she was judgmental and self-important. Hum, isn't it interesting how what we think of others is something bubbling around in ourselves? By watching her these last few weeks, I've come to more fully understand our unity, our sameness, our Oneness as children of God. No matter where in the world we live, no matter what the circumstance of our upbringing, we share divine Love in a way which cannot be denied when we look at ourselves with God's eyes.

Mary Baker Eddy quote:
“Jesus of Nazareth taught and demonstrated man’s oneness with the Father, and for this we owe him endless homage.”

Science & Health Page 18:3-5

1 comment:

  1. I just found this blog and have high hopes for it to continue. Keep up the great work, its hard to find good ones. I have added to my favorites. Thank You.
    acim

    ReplyDelete

New Today

Sickness is Not Your Fault

Photo Courtesy of Aaron Springston A trusted friend recommended that I read, “Dying to be Me: My Journey from Cancer, to Near Death, to True...