November 7, 2014 - Of Elections and Such ...

photo by Aaron Springston
ACIM Workbook Lesson #311
“I judge all things as I would have them be.”

Recently, in the USA, we've had some major elections. I've always thought our political system was just another way of dividing us. I don't watch network television, news in traditional forms, nor political debates and such. I glance through our local newspaper and occasionally watch Colbert and/or the Daily Show (comedy based on the news) to "keep up" with what's going on out there. I did vote a few days ago, but haven't made the effort to find out who won or lost. These results are seeping in to me by various means, but I have no strong opinions on the outcome. I am in total agreement with Mary Baker Eddy in today's  quote concerning politics. I haven't always been this way. I used to campaign, and get involved, and even cry when "my" candidate lost. I like the way I feel now so much more!

Mary Baker Eddy quote:
 "I am asked, 'What are your politics?' I have none, in reality, other than to help support a righteous government;  to love God supremely, and my neighbor as myself."

Miscellaneous Writing Page 276:23-25

No comments:

Post a Comment

New Today

For Healing, Welcome Truth

Stop and Smell the Lilacs Many new-age thought systems try to find reasons for disease, then work to get rid of the "problem" whic...