Thursday, May 28, 2015

May 29, 2015 - Pollyanna, Lost and Found

photo from Arthur Lau-Sed
ACIM Workbook Lesson #149
Review of: #137 "When I am healed I am not healed alone." #138 "Heaven is the decision I must make." The main thought to hold to in this review: “My mind holds only what I think with God.” 

I received and am using my “new leg”! My first reactions were not good. I knew it would be hard work to get used to it and do the physical therapy they wanted me to do, and I rebelled, mentally. Although I was willing to be compliant with everyone’s requests, my heart wasn’t in it. And so I found the prosthetic to be heavy and hot and unwieldy and I didn’t want to have anything to do with it. Suddenly, I realized what I was doing. What had happened to my Pollyanna attitude? So I changed my thought. Where I had been thinking of it as heavy, I now see it as protective and secure. The heat and confinement of it is now a cozy, swaddled  feeling. The unwieldiness of it is just another opportunity to exhibit beauty and grace, perhaps not in a traditional way, but it’s a fun challenge! What a difference this has made in my progress! After all, “heaven is the decision I must make.”

Mary Baker Eddy quote:    
"God never ordained a material law to annul the spiritual law."

Science & Health Page 273:21-22

No comments:

Post a Comment

New Today

Unspeakable Peace

Commaraderie at Book Club “Maybe we will drown or burn or starve one day, but until then we get to choose if we’ll add to that destruction o...