June 24, 2015 - Sharing Happiness

"Blue Spring"
photo from Arthur Lau-Sed
ACIM Workbook Lesson #175 Central Theme: "God is but love and therefore so am I." Review of: #159 "I give the miracles I have received." #160 "I am at home. Fear is the stranger here."   

I have a friend who lives on the other side of the country who delights in taking an idea and ripping it apart, reveling in looking at it from all sides and discrediting it gleefully. It's interesting that I nurture this friendship, as these types of discussions are not something I usually find engaging. But for some reason, he intrigues me and I love watching the way his brain works! He is very intelligent, but insists on declaring that he's not, along with disagreeing with almost everything I have to say, He scoffs at my talk of Spirit and is often speechless when I throw a statement down like "there is no intelligence in matter". He sent a note today telling me all the reasons god doesn't exist -- and I agree with most of his thinking -- as the god he's talking about doesn't exist for me either. But I can't resist hearing more and so I ask him questions that I know will bring on a barrage. I just sent him a note asking: "What do you think eternity is?" I'm sure he's having fun tearing that one up!!

Mary Baker Eddy quote:
“Happiness is spiritual, born of Truth and Love. It is unselfish; therefore it cannot exist alone, but requires all mankind to share it.”

Science & Health Page 57:18-21

No comments:

Post a Comment

New Today

Truth Needs No Defense

Photo credit: Jerry Dupy Many of my friends are social activists. They have worked for years to improve our environment, politics, and the m...