June 29, 2015 - Released by Grace

A Course in Miracles Workbook Lesson #180 Central Theme: "God is but love and therefore so am I." Review of: #169 "By grace I live. By grace I am released." #170 "There is no cruelty in God and none in me."

"By grace I live. By grace I am released." This spiritual truth was recently brought to worldwide attention by the president of the United States, Barack Obama. In giving the eulogy at a memorial service for nine people who were murdered by a lone gunman in a church in South Carolina, he twice repeated the words, Amazing Grace. Then he slowly started to sing the old hymn. The whole room began to sing along. In a lifetime political rhetoric and drama, it was the most moving and heartfelt moment I have ever witnessed from a public figure. It is grace which allows us to embrace those who persistently speak words with which we disagree. It is grace which permits us to look past the actions of those whose lives run counter to the standard we have set for ourselves. It is grace which keeps us looking inward for peace while others shout for revenge. "Twas blind, but now I see."

Mary Baker Eddy quote:
"As aforetime, the spirit of the Christ, which taketh away the ceremonies and doctrines of men, is not accepted until the hearts of men are made ready for it."


Science & Health Page Page 131:22-25

No comments:

Post a Comment

New Today

Truth Needs No Defense

Photo credit: Jerry Dupy Many of my friends are social activists. They have worked for years to improve our environment, politics, and the m...