Image and Likeness of Love

photo credit: Aaron Springston
ACIM Workbook Lesson #162
“I am as God created me."

In reading the lesson which goes with the topic above, I was stopped by this statement: “It will mean far more to you as you advance.” As I think back to being a small child and pondering the meaning of “I am as God created me”, I have vague recollections of the Garden of Eden with Adam and Eve frolicking in this perfect environment. As years went by, I would often wonder how the world we live in could have been created so imperfectly by perfect Love. Today I’m catching glimpses of Truth, beginning to understand that God did not create an imperfect world, but we have. These ideas have been the basis for many pages in many books, so I won’t attempt to go deeper with this thought today. But I will leave you with an all-encompassing passage by Mary Baker Eddy:


"What is the scientific statement of Being? There is no life, truth, intelligence, nor substance in matter. All is infinite Mind and its infinite manifestation, for God is All-in-all. Spirit is immortal Truth; matter is mortal error. Spirit is the real and eternal; matter is the unreal and temporal. Spirit is God, and man is [Its] image and likeness. Therefore man is not material; he is spiritual." Science & Health with Key to the Scriptures Page 468:8-15

No comments:

Post a Comment

New Today

Correcting Twisted Views

Aurora Borealis in the Ozarks Photo courtesy of Catherine Reed One of the great things about the study of divine metaphysics is the never-en...