A Reaction Against Oneness

photo credit: Aaron Springston
One of the people who receives these daily messages commented to yesterday's writing by referring to a "reaction against Oneness". I love that statement! I'd much rather think of my desire to argue with people about their beliefs as a "reaction against Oneness", wouldn't you? That makes it much easier to hold a conversation which is not adversarial, even if I'm tempted to tell someone they're wrong. I thank you, dear Friend, for helping me to see every situation as either one of unity or one of separation. Upon going to bridge today, I immediately found a reason to put this into practice. One of my frequent partners is an octogenarian who is quite conservative. He's a great bridge player and has taught me a lot, and I enjoy playing with him. But I had never seen the back of his Lincoln Continental. There, right in the middle of his trunk, was a bumper sticker which said, "I Ride the Trump Train". When we sat down at the table as partners, every time I looked at him I saw these words etched into his forehead. But I recognized this as a reaction against oneness and quickly affirmed that we are both the reflection of God, even if we have different beliefs. We both love our family and friends, we are happy being in a comfortable home, and we would rather be playing bridge than most anything else. So I am grateful to Anne for reminding me of Truth this morning. Thank you greatly!



"Oneness is simply the idea God is. And in His Being, He encompasses all things. No mind holds anything but Him. We say 'God is', and then we cease to speak, for in that knowledge words are meaningless. There are no lips to speak them, and no part of mind sufficiently distinct to feel that it is now aware of something not itself. It has united with its Source. And like its Source itself, it merely is." A Course in Miracles W-pl.169.5

No comments:

Post a Comment

New Today

Truth Needs No Defense

Photo credit: Jerry Dupy Many of my friends are social activists. They have worked for years to improve our environment, politics, and the m...