Correcting Illusions With Truth

photo credit: Heather Peters
“Question authority: no idea is true just because someone says so.” Once again, a Facebook meme has captured my attention. This statement has made me question myself and the things I hold to be true. Political unrest is taking center stage in the world and many of us are wondering if we have a comprehensive view of it all. Admittedly many of us live in a bubble of our own making. We choose friends on the basis of the tribes we associate with — religion, political, special interests. I try to think for myself, to avoid taking gossip for fact, or belief for truth. It’s difficult to admit I could be wrong, but I remind myself even Einstein made mistakes. Science is a way of keeping us from fooling ourselves, but it can be misused in the hands of a few. The more it belongs to all of us, the less likely it is to be misused. So let’s all work to stay informed from many sources, to ask questions, and to think for ourselves!

“Truth will correct all errors in my mind. What can correct illusions but the truth? And what are errors but illusions that remain unrecognized for what they are? Where truth has entered errors disappear. They merely vanish, leaving not a trace by which to be remembered. They are gone because, without belief, they have no life.  And so they disappear to nothingness, returning whence they came.  From dust to dust they come and go, for only truth remains.” A Course in Miracles Workbook Lesson 107

No comments:

Post a Comment

New Today

For Healing, Welcome Truth

Stop and Smell the Lilacs Many new-age thought systems try to find reasons for disease, then work to get rid of the "problem" whic...