Don't Take it Personally

photo credit: Aaron Springston
Today I’ve been pondering a situation in which one person thinks another person isn’t doing his job. She wants things to change, but I’m not sure what those changes could possibly be! We are talking about dynamic personalities on both sides: two people who do good work in the community, take pride in their accomplishments, and are sorely disappointed when everything doesn’t work out as planned. I like them both and hope they can find a way to resolve their differences. I could take sides, but that wouldn’t help bring about resolution. Talking to them has allowed me to see they are hurt by the others actions. Which brings me back to a point I’m always making in these writings. If we would all live in harmony with The 4 Agreements, as interpreted by Don Miguel Ruiz, the world would be a peaceful, harmonious place. I once again affirm to not take anything personally, and to refuse to make assumptions about why people do what they do.

“Life is like dancing. If we have a big floor, many people will dance. Some will get angry when the rhythm changes. But life is changing all the time.” Don Miguel Ruiz

No comments:

Post a Comment

New Today

Truth Needs No Defense

Photo credit: Jerry Dupy Many of my friends are social activists. They have worked for years to improve our environment, politics, and the m...