Right Now

photo credit: Aaron Springston
I had a lesson in living in the moment today. Following duplicate bridge, I was taking a friend to do some errands. I should have known this sweet woman could not be rushed and it would be foolish to expect her to not look at everything in the WalMart before deciding she needed to go somewhere else. My plan had been to rush to a meeting after doing this with her, and I almost became irritated when I saw that wasn't going to happen. Watching us as if from a hidden camera, I began to enjoy each step which felt like walking through quicksand. I watched the young people smiling kindly at two doddering women, I watched myself park in a loading zone with no worries about legality, then felt happiness in being able to help my old friend figure out ways to deal with problems she felt were insurmountable. When she wanted things she was not supposed to have, I talked to her about it honestly rather than telling her "no". It was a good practice in letting go of my expectations and giving in to what was happening right then. It's nice to look back and smile over the events, rather than chew on the resentment which could have easily overtaken me. Here's to accepting what "is" and making the best of it!

"If he senses even the faintest hint of irritation in himself as he responds to anyone, let him instantly realize that he has made an interpretation that is not true. 3 Then let him turn within to his eternal Guide, and let Him judge what the response should be. 4 So is he healed, and in his healing is his pupil healed with him." A Course in Miracles M-18.4. 

No comments:

Post a Comment

New Today

For Healing, Welcome Truth

Stop and Smell the Lilacs Many new-age thought systems try to find reasons for disease, then work to get rid of the "problem" whic...