More Information Makes For Better Choices

Seeing this chart, showing who trusts which news sources, I am reminded of something someone said to me before the 2016 elections. She was telling me how tired she was of political commercials and how happy she would be when the election was over. I said I didn't have to put up with any commercials, because of the ways I choose to watch entertainment programing and news. She looked incredulous and asked, How do you know who to vote for? Wow. I was floored by that one. Do people really think they can choose their representatives by paid political ads? Or biased news?? I know we are smarter than that, so I must think we are either overwhelmed by the vast number of sources, or we're too lazy to ascertain truth for ourselves. I could easily jump on my high horse and expound on this for a long time, but I'm sure you could, too -- so I won't. Read, listen, question, and then read some more. Learn to recognize signs of hyperbole and outright lies. Think, question, read -- and do it again!



"Evil thoughts and aims reach no farther and do no more harm than one's belief permits. Evil thoughts, lusts, and malicious purposes cannot go forth, like wandering pollen, from one human mind to another, finding unsuspected lodgment, if virtue and truth build a strong defence." Mary Baker Eddy - Science & Health Page 234:31

No comments:

Post a Comment

New Today

For Healing, Welcome Truth

Stop and Smell the Lilacs Many new-age thought systems try to find reasons for disease, then work to get rid of the "problem" whic...