No Condemnation

Having written about what I chose to give up for lent, I think an update on this effort is appropriate. Yesterday, I stated my goal was to drop judgment of others, or release past differences, or something similar things. In other words, I vowed to watch my thoughts and actions today, turning away from anything which was not a loving response. Fairly early in the day, Kevin asked me if I knew a local woman who wrote a book which he was reading. I responded that I did, and almost immediately told him something less than kind about her. Now mind you, I would have said this same thing to the woman's face. Which, actually, made it even worse in my mind! As soon as I said it, I felt uncomfortable. Upon examination, I realized it was simply unnecessary. Why should I make my opinion known because of something I remembered her saying years ago? This is exactly the type of thought and word I would like to relinquish, and even though I may not be rid of it, I'm happy that I recognized it as something I do not want to do. And since I didn't like my choice, I will happily choose again! For this, I am grateful...



"He will teach you how to see yourself without condemnation, by learning how to look on everything without it. 11 Condemnation will then not be real to you, and all your errors will be forgiven." A Course in Miracles 9.III.8.10

No comments:

Post a Comment

New Today

For Healing, Welcome Truth

Stop and Smell the Lilacs Many new-age thought systems try to find reasons for disease, then work to get rid of the "problem" whic...