Relinquishing Control


photo credit: Richard Quick 
“It makes me happy to know how very important I am not. It’s thinking you’re in control of things that leads to despair.” These words are from an essay having to do with a windy night and the excitement of not knowing what is to come. It seems everyone I speak with is confused and worried by some aspect of their lives. Our pets seem very excited about whatever is swirling around in the atmosphere of our consciousness, and I’m doing my best to catch the fever! The essay which I so enjoyed ended with these words: “I don’t need to be in control. I’d rather just bang around in the wind and wonder at the rare privilege which is my life.” I love the freedom which goes along with this relinquishment of control!

“The world you perceive is a world of separation. Perhaps you are willing to accept even death to deny your Father. Yet He would not have it so, and so it is not so. You still cannot will against Him, and that is why you have no control over the world you made. It is not a world of will because it is governed by the desire to be unlike God, and this desire is not will. The world you made is therefore totally chaotic, governed by arbitrary and senseless ‘laws,’ and without meaning of any kind. For it is made out of what you do not want, projected from your mind because you are afraid of it. Yet this world is only in the mind of its maker, along with his real salvation. Do not believe it is outside of yourself, for only by recognizing where it is will you gain control over it. For you do have control over your mind, since the mind is the mechanism of decision.”  A Course in Miracles T-12.III

No comments:

Post a Comment

New Today

For Healing, Welcome Truth

Stop and Smell the Lilacs Many new-age thought systems try to find reasons for disease, then work to get rid of the "problem" whic...