Never Upset For the Reason I Think

photo credit: Aaron Springston
As life would have it when we are struggling with something or someone, the answer to our dilemma is trying to find us. One of our neighbors has exhibited some behavior which we find upsetting, perhaps even disturbing. As I was pondering my feelings about this, I opened my email and found a forwarded newsletter from our friend, Jim Young. It's from The Embrace, and the topic of this particular emailing is getting in touch with your real feelings about things we deem upsetting. Of course, as ACIM Workbook #5 reminds us, We are never upset for the reason we think. In sitting and pondering how I really feel about this man and his actions, I'm afraid for him; afraid that he has fallen into a dark void; afraid that he has become separated from divine Love. Hum -- is this even possible? No, it is not. We may think that is true, he may even think that's true, but it never can be reality. I leave you with these words from A Course of Love, which I will ponder as I go to sleep. 



"Now we listen to feelings. Now we listen to feelings and understand what they have to say to us. Now we listen with a new ear, the ear of the heart. Now we recognize the thoughts that would censor our feelings, calling them selfish, uncaring, or judgmental. We examine. And we realize it is our thoughts and not our feelings that are selfish, uncaring, or judgmental. We realize this because we realize the sacred space we have become. Our space is the space of unity. It is the space of ease because thoughts are no longer allowed their rule." Day 12 of A Course of Love

No comments:

Post a Comment

New Today

Truth Needs No Defense

Photo credit: Jerry Dupy Many of my friends are social activists. They have worked for years to improve our environment, politics, and the m...