We're Doing The Best We Can

 

Marsha, Aaron, Kailey at Ukulele Jam in Longmont, CO

Everyone is doing the best they can. For years, I would remind myself of this while going through the day. When tempted to judge something as less than satisfactory, I would tell myself that everyone was doing the best that they could. I haven’t been using this mantra much this year, and it’s starting to show in my attitude. I’ve found myself being irritated with politicians, friends, neighbors, relatives — well, I guess anyone who is not doing things the way I would do them! So, in this reminder I shall include myself. I’m doing the best I can, with the exception being: now that I know better, I’ll do better. And when I’m tempted to get on my high horse and think someone isn’t living up to my expectations, I’ll translate that into a loving response rather than a critical one. Namaste...

“Advancing spiritual steps in the teeming universe of Mind lead on to spiritual spheres and exalted beings. To material sense, this divine universe is dim and distant, gray in the somber hues of twilight; but anon the veil is lifted, and the scene shifts into light.” Mary Baker Eddy- Science & Health Page 513:6

"Sit quietly and look upon the world you see, and tell yourself: 'The real world is not like this.'" A Course in Miracles T-13.VII1

2 comments:

New Today

Truth Needs No Defense

Photo credit: Jerry Dupy Many of my friends are social activists. They have worked for years to improve our environment, politics, and the m...