Friends, Inexplicably Bonded


 Today my book club discovered that one of our group was missing in action. None of us realized we had not heard from her in quite a while, and it seemed to hit us all at once that something was wrong. After frantically checking with her family, it turns out she has had a physical problem and is in a facility which is helping her recover. This happening brought home to me the importance of connections and being there for each other. Our group of friends have been close for more than 15 years, brought together by the small independent school where our children attended, and kept together by our love of books and each other. Years ago I read a quote by Joel Goldberg which has stayed with me: “Groups of people who share spiritual Love are bound together for eternity.” My friends are my family, and I love you …


"I think some people are just inexplicably bonded. Drawn by forces beyond their own comprehension, they have no choice but to gravitate toward one another. Destined by fate to keep crossing paths until they finally get it right.” L.B. Simmons

"Love never loses sight of loveliness. its halo rests upon its object. One marvels that a friend can ever seem less than beautiful." Mary Baker Eddy - Science & Health Page 248:3

No comments:

Post a Comment

New Today

Truth Needs No Defense

Photo credit: Jerry Dupy Many of my friends are social activists. They have worked for years to improve our environment, politics, and the m...