Grace


People are interesting. Everyone has an opinion, especially when it comes to what is right and what is wrong. Moral compasses are flipping from one point to another, wildly fluctuating with the opinions of their favorite newscaster or podcast host. Upon waking up this morning, I discovered (via my favorite  news source, YouTube) that a famous actor had  slapped a famous comedian at the Oscars for making a joke about said actor’s wife. It seems this is all people can talk about today. I suppose it’s nice to take a break from the horrors of wars and politics, and I don’t chastise either side of this moral debate. I know I’ve followed Will Smith’s spiritual journey over the last few years and it would be easy for me to judge him for his actions.  I admit to having done so in thought. But this is what those years of spiritual study do for us; they allow us to realize when we’re thinking we could have done something better, or handled something with more wisdom and love than someone else. I hope to more fully understand what the phrase “growth in grace” means, and put it into use in daily life every moment. Namaste …  


“What we most need is the prayer of fervent desire for growth in grace, expressed in patience, meekness, love, and good deeds.” Mary Baker Eddy - Science & Health Page 4:3

No comments:

Post a Comment

New Today

Truth Needs No Defense

Photo credit: Jerry Dupy Many of my friends are social activists. They have worked for years to improve our environment, politics, and the m...