Still Here …

Photocredit:BlakeLasater

Having heard the news that a good friend passed on this evening, I’ve been thinking about that. Phyllis is certainly as alive to me today as she was yesterday. I can still hear her laughter, see the light in her eyes, feel her excitement about living. As with my dear Kevin, my parents, anyone I have loved who is no longer walking around in their body, they are alive in my sleeping dreams. After having had an adventure with them while asleep, waking up is wonderful because I can still feel their presence. So have they really gone anywhere? I don’t think so. I’m not sure there’s anywhere for them to go. Mary Baker Eddy says the big surprise will be when they wake up and find out they’re not dead. What an adventure awaits us all! Tomorrow is an act of heroism, simply to wake up and love the world. If I don’t wake up in my physical body tomorrow, that, too, will be a great adventure. We are all Spirit. One. We are all the expression, the manifestation of Love. The tears may fall for a while, and that’s just the love overflowing from our bodies. Let’s hold each other close and know there is no end …

“A blundering despatch, mistakenly announcing the death of a friend, occasions the same grief that the friend’s real death would bring. You think that your anguish is occasioned by your loss. Another despatch, correcting the mistake, heals your grief, and you learn that your suffering was merely the result of your belief. You will learn at length that there is no cause for grief, and divine wisdom will then be understood.” Mary Baker Eddy - Science & Health Page 386

No comments:

Post a Comment

New Today

Truth Needs No Defense

Photo credit: Jerry Dupy Many of my friends are social activists. They have worked for years to improve our environment, politics, and the m...