Clearing Our Vision

 

Passion Flower in Costa Rica
Photo credit: Aaron Springston

A dear friend posted the following on social media today: “My opinion of someone does not alter the truth of who they are.” I was thinking similar thoughts because I had recently been with a friend who limits herself and others severely by her negative opinions of them. It may be as simple as someone “setting her teeth on edge” or “rubbing her the wrong way”, but it made me sad because she is missing some wonderful interactions with others. It may even deprive a person she doesn’t like of what could be a life-changing experience, simply because she doesn’t want them involved in things she is involved with. No, it doesn’t change the truth of who they are, no matter what she thinks, but those of us who respect her feelings are in a tough spot at times. Thinking back, there are many situations such as this. I was once married to a man whose name I couldn’t say around my dad or else he would go off on a tirade about how much he didn’t like him. I can’t presume to know how others should react when confronted with someone they don’t care to be around, but I’ll be watching my own thoughts in similar situations. 


“Child of God, you were created to create the good, the beautiful and the holy. Do not forget this. The Love of God, for a little while, must still be expressed through one body to another, because vision is still so dim. You can use your body best to help you enlarge your perception so you can achieve real vision, of which the physical eye is incapable. Learning to do this is the body’s only true usefulness.” 

A Course in Miracles T-1.VII.2:1-5


“Take away wealth, fame, and social organizations, which weigh not one jot in the balance of God, and we get clearer views of Principle. Break up cliques, level wealth with honesty, let worth be judged according to wisdom, and we get better views of humanity” Mary Baker Eddy - Science & Health Page 239:5-10

No comments:

Post a Comment

New Today

Truth Needs No Defense

Photo credit: Jerry Dupy Many of my friends are social activists. They have worked for years to improve our environment, politics, and the m...