Positively Restored

Photo from Scott Flathouse
 

Morning meditation and photo from Marianne Williamson:

“Negativity poisons my mind and positivity restores it


I have a choice whether to join in the darkness of the world, its petty judgments, and constant blame. When I do so I inject my psyche with poison, and today I choose a healthy mind.

I replace all negativity with a positive attitude, in which I seek to find, and to articulate, the good in others. If I disagree, I will disagree with respect. If I debate a point, I will debate fairly. If I need to draw a boundary for the sake of justice, I will do so with honor for the dignity of all.

I will no longer be careless with the working of my mind. Rather, I will use it as it was created to be used, as a conduit for love and as a gateway to peace. May everyone, including myself, feel the tenderness of my approval and not the harshness of my unkindness.


Negativity poisons my mind and positivity restores it” - Marianne


“Hold thought steadfastly to the enduring, the good, and the true, and you will bring these into your experience proportionably to their occupancy of your thoughts.

Mary Baker Eddy - Science & Health Page 261:4-9


“Perhaps it will be helpful to remember that no one can be angry at a fact. It is always an interpretation that gives rise to negative emotions, regardless of their seeming justification by what appears as facts. Regardless, too, of the intensity of the anger that is aroused. It may be merely slight irritation, perhaps too mild to be even clearly recognized. Or it may also take the form of intense rage, accompanied by thoughts of violence, fantasied or apparently acted out. It does not matter. All of these reactions are the same. They obscure the truth, and this can never be a matter of degree. Either truth is apparent, or it is not. It cannot be partially recognized. Who is unaware of truth must look upon illusions.” 

A Course in Miracles M-17.4:1-11


No comments:

Post a Comment

New Today

For Healing, Welcome Truth

Stop and Smell the Lilacs Many new-age thought systems try to find reasons for disease, then work to get rid of the "problem" whic...