The Foundation of Fellowship

 

Photo courtesy of Richard Quick

I had a new bridge partner today. At one point, he told me that he belonged to three of the most discriminated-against groups of people: smokers, bridge players, and white men. I immediately told him I strongly disagreed with two of those assessments! We discussed it a bit before it was time to move to the next table. His words did not affect me so much as his attitude, and my heart goes out to him. Since everything comes from either love or fear, it was easy to identify the emotions behind his words. I spent a bit of time thinking about the “reasons” I could feel put-upon, and realized nothing can cause me to feel the world is against me. The realization that I need only answer to my own Self, (to God, if you will), frees me to live by the precepts which create an inner peace. If something causes emotional distress within, it’s a sure bet I need to examine my thoughts and actions. Not everything can be corrected immediately; some erroneous behaviors take repeated translations and reinterpretations within ourselves. And that’s okay. 


“When the divine precepts are understood, they unfold the foundation of fellowship, in which one mind is not at war with another, but all have one Spirit, God, one intelligent source, in accordance with the Scriptural command: ‘Let this Mind be in you, which was also in Christ Jesus.’ Man and his Maker are correlated in divine Science, and real consciousness is cognizant only of the things of God.” 

Mary Baker Eddy - Science & Health Page 276:4-11


“Hear, then, the one answer of the Holy Spirit to all the questions the ego raises: You are a child of God, a priceless part of His Kingdom, which He created as part of Him. Nothing else exists and only this is real. You have chosen a sleep in which you have had bad dreams, but the sleep is not real and God calls you to awake. There will be nothing left of your dream when you hear Him, because you will awaken. Your dreams contain many of the ego’s symbols and they have confused you. Yet that was only because you were asleep and did not know. When you wake you will see the truth around you and in you, and you will no longer believe in dreams because they will have no reality for you. Yet the Kingdom and all that you have created there will have great reality for you, because they are beautiful and true.” 

A Course in Miracles T-6.IV.6:1-8

A

No comments:

Post a Comment

New Today

For Healing, Welcome Truth

Stop and Smell the Lilacs Many new-age thought systems try to find reasons for disease, then work to get rid of the "problem" whic...