Playmates



Yayoi Kusama

While listening to an old Ram Das video I heard him say: “It’s delicious to find a playmate to play with your mind.” Hearing this, I laughed out loud remembering the wonderful mind playmates I’ve had in the last few decades! When moving to Eureka Springs almost 30 years ago, I found a different way of thought from the parents and teachers of the Clear Spring School. It was a glimpse of intelligent free-thinking which was delightfully different to my experience. From there it just got better! Having an art gallery and representing the creative geniuses of our town and the surrounding area was a joyous time of life. I have no words for the beauty of these years, but the feeling will never leave me — nor the friendships. The five years of my association with our local metaphysical society was a whole other level of thought, which led to ideas and friendships which feel  like a wonderful flavor in my mouth. A group of people who met monthly for a free-wheeling salon became my dearest of all friends and I will never forget our exciting and fun-filled conversations. My long-lived bookclub has kept me reading books I probably would not know about on my own, and our discussions have led to deep friendship and admiration for each and every one of these women. What a fortunate woman I am to have so many playmates! And I am grateful …


“We were brought together by God to serve the Plan of Awakening, to treat each other with dignity, respect, kindness, and holiness, and to Awaken to our Divine Love. We approach our Purpose for coming together with great reverence and devotion. It is the core of our Life in God. Our relationship is our Relationship with everything and everyone, for we live and love as God lives and loves, unconditionally, all-inclusively, and free of specialness.”


~ David Hoffmeister, "Awakening Through a Course in Miracles 

No comments:

Post a Comment

New Today

For Healing, Welcome Truth

Stop and Smell the Lilacs Many new-age thought systems try to find reasons for disease, then work to get rid of the "problem" whic...