Through the Illusion to Reality

 

Stereogram - Magic Eye Image

Almost three decades ago, I was at a yard sale when a book title jumped out at me: When You Believe It, You’ll See It. It was written by an author I had never heard of, but whom I now think of as my good friend, Wayne Dyer. I took the book home and when I began reading it I said right out loud, This is Christian Science! Upon researching this author, I found out he was teaching the principles of A Course in Miracles. I can still feel the excitement of finding another teaching which was a fraternal twin of the Mary Baker Eddy writings which had been with me forever. While reading a work of fiction recently, I was reminded of stereograms, or Magic Eye pictures. Remember them? They are seemingly random colors and shapes, which when looked at with a “relaxed” eye, you can see through the mishmash of nothingness to a 3-D picture of something else. And, of course, I thought of Dr. Dyer’s book title and how true it is of many things. In the above stereogram eye-puzzler, once you see the picture, you can often train your eye to look around and see other hidden objects. Ah, seeing through the illusion to the reality!


“You command the situation if you understand that mortal existence is a state of self-deception and not the truth of being. Mortal mind is constantly producing on mortal body the results of false opinions; and it will continue to do so, until mortal error is deprived of its imaginary powers by Truth, which sweeps away the gossamer web of mortal illusion.” 

Mary Baker Eddy - Science & Health Page 403:12-20


“Forgiveness should be practiced through the day, for there will still be many times when you forget its meaning and attack yourself. When this occurs, allow your mind to see through this illusion as you tell yourself: Let me perceive forgiveness as it is. Would I accuse myself of doing this? ⁵I will not lay this chain upon myself.” 

A Course in Miracles W-134.17:1-5

No comments:

Post a Comment

New Today

For Healing, Welcome Truth

Stop and Smell the Lilacs Many new-age thought systems try to find reasons for disease, then work to get rid of the "problem" whic...