Choose Kindness

 

Art by Jeremy Lipking - 1975

Having planned on discussing healing for a few days, I was rather disappointed when two things happened today which ask for my attention. This morning I was preparing to go to the laundromat (which I’ve done for almost three decades). As I was almost out the door, a couple of motorcycles inadvertently came down our dead-end street. I glanced out the window at them as they looked around, obviously lost. As they turned in the middle of the road and headed back toward wherever it was they were going, a neighbor came out and began to shout at them. It was a very ugly scene with much cursing and many foolish statements shared. I wished I could apologize to the two couples on the big, loud bikes, but rather silently wished everyone peace and went on my clothes-washing mission. While I was meditating the laundry, a woman came in with her bedspreads and a few other heavy items. She didn’t know how to operate the machines and she was obviously a greenhorn at this activity. I talked her through it and we had a sweet conversation. I felt an immediate kinship with this woman and, although I probably will never see her again, I feel we are friends. It’s difficult for me to understand why anyone would choose ugly commentary over kindness. I know we receive what we give, so let’s go forth and scatter joy today! Namaste …


“Beauty, wealth, or fame is incompetent to meet the demands of the affections, and should never weigh against the better claims of intellect, goodness, and virtue. Happiness is spiritual, born of Truth and Love. It is unselfish; therefore it cannot exist alone, but requires all mankind to share it.” 

Mary Baker Eddy - Science &. Health Page 57:15-21


“To be wholehearted you must be happy. If fear and love cannot coexist, and if it is impossible to be wholly fearful and remain alive, the only possible whole state is that of love. There is no difference between love and joy. Therefore, the only possible whole state is the wholly joyous. To heal or to make joyous is therefore the same as to integrate and to make one. That is why it makes no difference to what part or by what part of the Sonship the healing is offered. Every part benefits, and benefits equally.” 

A Course in Miracles  T-5.in.2:1-7

No comments:

Post a Comment

New Today

Truth Needs No Defense

Photo credit: Jerry Dupy Many of my friends are social activists. They have worked for years to improve our environment, politics, and the m...