Clarity in Communications

Photo credit: Blake Lasater

Many times in these writings, I have mentioned communications and the need to be clear when speaking and writing. Listening is an important part of communicating, as is reading comprehension. I bring this up today because of confusion from things I have recently written. Last night, a friend from the west coast called me and said, “I didn’t know Joan Baez was from Arkansas.” Of course, I replied that I did not know that either! He referenced a Facebook post I had made comparing our local Crow Johnson Evans to the legendary Joan Baez. So I opened the post and we read it together and he saw that I had not stated anything of the sort. Then today someone told me they thought my recent daily writing about Frances Xu was implying she had committed suicide. Admittedly, I was a bit illusive about her death. (For clarification, she had multiple brain tumors.) Since that wasn’t the important part of her story, I didn’t stress the details, and I apologize for any confusion. These two misunderstandings bring an awareness of the need to increase my clarity level while writing. And, once again, I thank those who tell me they don’t know what I’m talking about! Namaste…

“Misperceptions produce fear and true perceptions foster love, but neither brings certainty because all perception varies. That is why it is not knowledge. True perception is the basis for knowledge, but knowing is the affirmation of truth and beyond all perceptions.” A Course in Miracles T-3.III.1:8-10


“Ears. Not organs of the so-called corporeal senses, but spiritual understanding. Jesus said, referring to spiritual perception, “Having ears, hear ye not?” (Mark viii. 18.) 

Mary Baker Eddy - Science & Health Page 585:1-5


No comments:

Post a Comment

New Today

Truth Needs No Defense

Photo credit: Jerry Dupy Many of my friends are social activists. They have worked for years to improve our environment, politics, and the m...