Grateful for my Neighbor/Friend

 

Linwood Ladies on Election Day, 2020

There’s nothing like good friends and neighbors, and it’s especially wonderful when these categories overlap! This evening I had a lovely, long visit with my across-the-street neighbor, Chris. Our conversations always jump around to every conceivable topic, but tonight we both had a desire for light, fun banter, so we talked about movies, books, numerous television series, and our cats and dogs. While I love everyone on my street, this woman is the icing on the cake as far as neighbors are concerned. She has had an interesting life, is well-read, funny, intelligent, and knowledgeable about current affairs. A few months ago I sang the praises or another friend, and I truly think we should tell people how wonderful they are and how much they mean to us. Today I feel a close kinship with my neighbor/friend, and my heart is full of affection and good will which spills over onto this page. How fortunate I am that she moved to our street! 


“Such is my will for you and your brother, and for each of you for one another and for himself. Here there is only holiness and joining without limit. For what is Heaven but union, direct and perfect, and without the veil of fear upon it? Here are we one, looking with perfect gentleness upon each other and on ourselves. Here all thoughts of any separation between us become impossible. You who were a prisoner in separation are now made free in Paradise. And here would I unite with you, my friend, my brother and my Self.” 

A Course in Miracles T-20.III.10:1-7


“Kindred tastes, motives, and aspirations are necessary to the formation of a happy and permanent companionship. The beautiful in character is also the good, welding indissolubly the links of affection.” 

Mary Baker Eddy - Science & Health Page 60:4-8

No comments:

Post a Comment

New Today

Correcting Twisted Views

Aurora Borealis in the Ozarks Photo courtesy of Catherine Reed One of the great things about the study of divine metaphysics is the never-en...