Gratitude Resets Our Thoughts

Looking at the Full Moon Through My Christmas Stick

In the past week, I have read many articles and listened to a number of talks centered around gratitude. Gratitude brings happiness. Gratitude also puts a focus on the good in a situation, dampening fear. It helps people form stronger bonds across borders and through their differences. It encourages generosity. One writing referred to the expression of appreciation as a kind of reset for thoughts, saying that it allows calm, reflective thinking, which is just what we need in order to bring a healing perspective. These wise words could certainly be applied to many situations in our current atmosphere, don't you think? I'm going to practice this as a way of turning around fearful or defensive thinking when it occurs. If someone is saying something which I find abrasive, I will find something to be grateful for about them. When a politician has upset me with his actions, I shall try to follow my own advice. Whatever the case, I love thinking about gratitude as a reset. While writing this, I looked at my beautiful cats sleeping peacefully and told them how grateful I am that they came to live with me. As I was thinking about the love I feel toward them, I glanced out the window and saw the full moon in all its majesty, shining brightly through my Christmas “stick” (as I think of it). Life is Good, and I am grateful! 

“You are being blessed by every beneficent thought of any of your brothers anywhere. You should want to bless them in return, out of gratitude. You need not know them individually, or they you. The light is so strong that it radiates throughout the Sonship and returns thanks to the Father for radiating His joy upon it. Only God’s holy children are worthy channels of His beautiful joy, because only they are beautiful enough to hold it by sharing it. It is impossible for a child of God to love his neighbor except as himself. That is why the healer’s prayer is: Let me know this brother as I know myself.”  

A Course in Miracles T-5.in.3:1-8


"Gratitude is much more than a verbal expression of thanks. Action expresses more gratitude than speech." 

Mary Baker Eddy - Science & Health Page 3:25-26

No comments:

Post a Comment

New Today

For Healing, Welcome Truth

Stop and Smell the Lilacs Many new-age thought systems try to find reasons for disease, then work to get rid of the "problem" whic...