Sisterhood

 

Art by Rafael Lopez

I came across this writing titled “Sisterhood” after spending the day with two friends who are having memory problems and another who recently completed radiation treatments. It was a beautiful fall day, full of laughter and disjointed conversation — and it was so much fun! Here are Donna Ashworth’s words which meant so much to me following our adventures today …


“SISTERHOOD


When I have been stuck, cocooned in this life, it was women who came to free me. 

Women who reminded me what I am made of and who I am becoming. 

Women, who broke my shell, reached for my hands and pulled me out. 

Not just to fly again, but to fly higher than ever before. 

There is much beauty, much ancient history, in that intuitive network of strength, support and silent sisterhood. 

Treasure it, as you would a very special gift, 

because that’s what it is, my sisters, 

that is what it is.”

Donna Ashworth - From Wild Hope


“Perhaps you think that different kinds of love are possible. Perhaps you think there is a kind of love for this, a kind for that; a way of loving one, another way of loving still another. Love is one. It has no separate parts and no degrees; no kinds nor levels, no divergencies and no distinctions. It is like itself, unchanged throughout. It never alters with a person or a circumstance. It is the Heart of God, and also of His Son.”  

A Course in Miracles W-127.1:1-7


“Jesus said: ‘For whosoever shall do the will of my Father which is in heaven, the same is my brother, and sister, and mother.’”

Mary Baker Eddy’s writing surround this biblical quote on Page 267 of Science & Health, With Key to the Scriptures

No comments:

Post a Comment

New Today

Truth Needs No Defense

Photo credit: Jerry Dupy Many of my friends are social activists. They have worked for years to improve our environment, politics, and the m...