Love Holds No Grievance

Photo taken by Richard Quick

Most of us have a list of grievances we can call up in thought at the slightest provocation. In the past, I've held grievances which ranged from deeds of ex-husbands to actions of politicians. I've resented neighbors’ words and blamed friends for perceived betrayals. As I pause and ponder what grievances I am presently nurturing, only a few come to thought. I'm in the process of asking myself why I feel the need to hold on to these feelings of discontent. I don't have a reason for these resentments; it's just a habit. I do not want to attack Love with these grievances. "Love created me  like Itself" we are told in part of today's A Course in Miracles review. If I attack Love with grievances, I am attacking myself. If I am attacking myself, I'm attacking you. I think I'll just stop it!

“Love giveth to the least spiritual idea might, immortality, and goodness, which shine through all as the blossom shines through the bud. All the varied expressions of God reflect health, holiness, immortality-- infinite Life, Truth, and Love."

Mary Baker Eddy - Science & Health Page 518:18-22


“I am in the likeness of my Creator. I cannot suffer, I cannot experience loss and I cannot die. I am not a body. I would recognize my reality today. I will worship no idols, nor raise my own self-concept to replace my Self. I am in the likeness of my Creator. Love created me like itself.” 

A Course in Miracles W-84.1:2-8

No comments:

Post a Comment

New Today

Correction at the Level of Thought

Art from Catrin Welz-Stein It seems there are any number of errors to correct in this world. It’s quite a relief to discover that I only nee...