Peace in Time of Turmoil


Looking back in my blog for posts from the past which correlate to today’s Course in Miracles Workbook Lesson, I found this from 12 years ago. For new readers, this concerns an art gallery I ran in downtown Eureka Springs.

For the past few weeks, there have been repairs to the "underground" going on in front of my gallery. Eureka Springs is unique in many ways. One of those ways is the fact that certain streets were raised in order to allow the flow of water and mud to pass underneath them during rain storms. In effect, there is empty space under some of our sidewalks and streets. An underground wall in front of Eureka Thyme is in the process of being repaired right now. We are a tourist town, and the month of March has traditionally been the start of the "season", with spring break in surrounding areas bringing us masses of people to us. The weather is warm, the flowers are blooming, and my gallery is closed. The attached photo shows how far they are from finishing these repairs! Numerous people have said they can't believe how calm I'm being about all of this. What good would it do to be otherwise, I ask? But today's lesson is much needed and I will often repeat these words from it: "I am at peace. Nothing can disturb me. My will is God's. My will and God's are one. God wills peace for His Son." Throughout this seeming ordeal, I have held to the spiritual fact that all involved in this endeavor will be open to hearing intuition guide them. Every time the situation crosses my mind, I will turn to the words of today's lesson and also the writings of Mary Baker Eddy. This week's Christian Science Lesson is entitled "Matter" and its elucidation of what reality is soothes me. And all is well.


“God gives you His spiritual ideas, and in turn, they give you daily supplies. Never ask for tomorrow: it is enough that divine Love is an ever-present help; and if you wait, never doubting, you will have all you need every moment. What a glorious inheritance is given to us through the understanding of omnipresent Love! More we cannot ask: more we do not want: more we cannot have.”

Mary Baker Eddy - Miscellaneous Writings 1883–1896, Page 307


“God’s is the only Will. When you have recognized this, you have recognized that your will is His. The belief that conflict is possible has gone. Peace has replaced the strange idea that you are torn by conflicting goals. As an expression of the Will of God, you have no goal but His.” 

A Course in Miracles W-74.1:1-6

No comments:

Post a Comment

New Today

Correction at the Level of Thought

Art from Catrin Welz-Stein It seems there are any number of errors to correct in this world. It’s quite a relief to discover that I only nee...