December 2, 2011 - One Mind

ACIM Lesson #336
"Forgiveness lets me know that minds are joined."[Marsha's thoughts]
Elusive by Diana Harvey
I'm so glad this is our lesson today! I read this following a day in which a longstanding, mutually-profitable business relationship has ended. My first reactions were entirely ego-based: What have I done wrong? What has she done wrong? What could I have done differently? Is she crazy?? So when I read the words, "Forgiveness lets me know that minds are joined", I really wanted to understand this seemingly illusive concept. But it's not a concept, it's the Truth. Concepts seems to be illusive; Truth just stands smiling contentedly. I don't know where this seeming separation will take us, but I'm excited to find out! We are both being freed to go forward in ways we wouldn't be able to find together. When she comes to mind, I will not dwell on any thoughts of unease we have put on each other. I will see her beautiful art and know only the beauty she Is. Our minds are joined, and I allow forgiveness to show me this union.Mary Baker Eddy quote:
"In reality, the more closely error simulates truth and so-called matter resembles its essence, mortal mind, the more impotent error becomes as a belief. According to human belief, the lightning is fierce and the electric current swift, yet in Christian Science the flight of one and the blow of the other will become harmless. The more destructive matter becomes, the more its nothingness will appear, until matter reaches its mortal zenith in illusion and forever disappears. The nearer a false belief approaches truth without passing the boundary where, having been destroyed by divine Love, it ceases to be even an illusion, the riper it becomes for destruction. The more material the belief, the more obvious its error, until divine Spirit, supreme in its domain, dominates all matter, and man is found in the likeness of Spirit, his original being."
Science & Health Page 97:5-20

1 comment:

  1. Thank you, Marsha, for sharing your experience of looking at an unpleasant dream event through eyes of foregiviness. You so vividly describe how you process change with grace and anticipation of the adventure change generates. I believe I attract all events into my life; so the next time I realize I attracted an unpleasant dream event, I will reflect on your experience of foregiveness letting you realize that all minds are joined.

    Richard - December 4, 2011

    ReplyDelete

New Today

Truth Needs No Defense

Photo credit: Jerry Dupy Many of my friends are social activists. They have worked for years to improve our environment, politics, and the m...