December 26, 2011

ACIM Lesson #360
"Peace be to me, the holy Son of God.
Peace to my brother, who is one with me.
Let all the world be blessed with peace through us.

 [Marsha's thoughts]
The Village of Elsah
When we are feeling inner peace, it seems impossible to feel anything else. And then we find ourselves in a situation which tries our peace. Is it possible to lose the peace which is God? Of course not, but we certainly can cover it up in unnecessary feelings of angst and worry and irritation. Today I feel as peaceful as I can imagine feeling (which is not to say that more isn't possible!). This feeling was shattered by a visit with a dear neighbor who is solitary and worried about most everything. My plan of spreading a bit of holiday cheer seemed on the verge of backfiring! Why does it seem easier to "catch" disruptive feelings rather than peaceful ones? It seems easier to "catch" a cold rather than to let one go. I was able to recognize what was happening and take myself out of the dis-ease which was threatening to spread to me. I took a breath, felt the peace of God, and left her home with a smile. The "reign and rule of universal harmony" is here and now. We are on the verge of this realization! The shift in consciousness we are in the midst of is causing some of us to fight back. When I feel this reaction occurring within myself, I remind myself to yield to the Peace which is the only reality of my Being. Anything else is a mirage. What a joy to watch it dissipate as I walk through it, oblivious to its seeming reality.

Mary Baker Eddy quote:
"Let us learn of the real and eternal, and prepare for the reign of Spirit, the kingdom of heaven,—the reign and rule of universal harmony, which cannot be lost nor remain forever unseen."
Science & Health Page 208:20-24



No comments:

Post a Comment

New Today

Truth Needs No Defense

Photo credit: Jerry Dupy Many of my friends are social activists. They have worked for years to improve our environment, politics, and the m...