December 29, 2011 - Listen and Rejoice

ACIM Lesson# 363
"This holy instant would I give to You.
Be You in charge. For I would follow You,
Certain that Your direction gives me peace."

[ACIM commentary]
"And if I need a word to help me, He will give it to me. If I need a thought, that will He also give. And if I need but stillness and a tranquil, open mind, these are the gifts I will receive of Him. He is in charge by my request. And He will hear and answer me, because He speaks for God my Father and His holy Son.'

[Marsha's thoughts]
"Glacier National Park"
photo by Aaron Springston
Recently my son and I have been making video segments for a virtual studio tour of the artists of Eureka Thyme. Today it was my turn to speak in front of the camera. I didn't anticipate any problems and hadn't planned what to say because I trust these thoughts to flow from their source through me. After the first "take" my son made some suggestions about what I should be saying. At this point, I started to think and plan what I was going to say. He even suggested I practice what I would say, and I did. This was the beginning of an hour-long series of starts and stops which digressed to the point of me not being able to get past saying my name before being tongue-tied or making an odd face. It was ridiculous! At this point, he suggested I speak from the heart. And so I slipped back into my native state of trusting that I will know what to say and do. I got out of my way and let the only Way come through. And so it Is.


Mary Baker Eddy quote:
"Mind is not necessarily dependent upon educational processes. It possesses of itself all beauty and poetry, and the power of expressing them. Spirit, God, is heard when the senses are silent. We are all capable of more than we do. The influence or action of Soul confers a freedom, which explains the phenomena of improvisation and the fervor of untutored lips."
Science & Health Page 89:18-24

1 comment:

  1. Marsha, this is another of the experiences you share which returns to me many times after I read it. Your experience is a beautiful reminder/lesson about Letting Go and Letting God - in EVERYTHING. Your experience not only reminds your readers of the importance of acting from the Voice Within, it reminds you and provides a very real experience to your son. Thank you, again, for sharing it with us. Richard 2012/1/3

    ReplyDelete

New Today

Truth Needs No Defense

Photo credit: Jerry Dupy Many of my friends are social activists. They have worked for years to improve our environment, politics, and the m...