December 28, 2011 - Calm Assertive Behavior

ACIM Lesson #362
"This holy instant would I give to You.
Be You in charge. For I would follow You,
Certain that Your direction gives me peace."


[Marsha's thoughts]
I have mentioned many times in this past year that I feel animals are showing us the way to living our true Being. Not only do they mirror back to us any emotions we may be secretly harboring, they show us how to communicate more effectively through telepathy and actions, rather than words. Today I visited four homes where dogs were very much a part of the family. Only one of these dogs was not exhibiting aberrant behavior of some sort! I must mention that my own dog has some behaviors which I find baffling. But I continue to see positive behavior changes in him as I become more honest and calm in my own reactions. In watching The Dog Whisperer, I have gained many insights into the reasons our dogs often seem neurotic and out of control. It always comes back to people. It’s a wonderful opportunity for us to see what we're really thinking! Calm, assertive behavior is the mantra of Cesar Milan. Assertive doesn't mean aggressive. It involves a certainty which is only attained through listening to an inner knowledge which is heard in quiet, calm moments. These moments express the eternal holy instant where we forever abide with the certainty of peace.

Mary Baker Eddy quote:
"The Revelator tells us of ‘a new heaven and a new earth.’ Have you ever pictured this heaven and earth, inhabited by beings under the control of supreme wisdom? Let us rid ourselves of the belief that man is separated from God, and obey only the divine Principle, Life and Love. Here is the great point of departure for all true spiritual growth."
Science & Health Page 91:1-6

No comments:

Post a Comment

New Today

Correcting Twisted Views

Aurora Borealis in the Ozarks Photo courtesy of Catherine Reed One of the great things about the study of divine metaphysics is the never-en...