August 13, 2014 - One Thing

ACIM Workbook Lesson #225
“God is my Father, and His Son loves Him.”

The Biblical quote which advises me to love God above all else and seek nothing other than to know divine Love is the basis for the way I want to live. Recently, I've re-dedicated myself to this way of life by resolving to only see, speak, hear, and repeat good. I knew this would be challenging. Today, while at the farmers' market, I overhead someone say something which I deemed to be horribly bigoted and ignorant. While it's not a temptation for me to repeat the story to anyone else, it has been a challenge to keep from repeating it to myself! In analyzing this scenario, I see that if I weren't judging it to be awful, I wouldn't feel the need to keep condemning him for saying it. Hence, it's my judgment of the situation which wants to keep it alive in my thought. No judgment, no condemnation, no need to replay it for myself or anyone else! Sounds simple, huh?

Mary Baker Eddy quote:
"All nature teaches God’s love to man, but man cannot love God supremely and set his whole affections on spiritual things, while loving the material or trusting in it more than in the spiritual."

Science & Health Page 140:7-14

No comments:

Post a Comment

New Today

Correcting Twisted Views

Aurora Borealis in the Ozarks Photo courtesy of Catherine Reed One of the great things about the study of divine metaphysics is the never-en...