August 6, 2014 - Am I Worthy?

photo by Aaron Springston
ACIM Workbook Lesson #218
Central Theme: “I am not a body. I am free. For I am still as God created me.” Review: #198 “Only my condemnation injures me.”

"I'm not worthy!" When certain comedians said this in a silly movie, it seemed funny. But when I hear this coming from people in everyday conversations, even though they don't use these exact words, it's tempting to tell them that they are very much worthy!! This evening, I had dinner with a group of people who were going to the Passion Play here in Eureka Springs. One woman stated that she had mixed feelings about the play because no one was "good enough" to play the part of Jesus. She felt it was presumptuous and arrogant for anyone to do so. As you can imagine, it was all I could do to keep a smile on my face and not disrupt this gathering of people who were here to learn more about our sweet town. But I did. And I said a quick, silent affirmation of our goodness as the expression of God, the image of Mind, the reflection of Love. Jesus was here to teach us about our true Being, for which I am very grateful. 

Mary BakerEddy quote:
"And we solemnly promise to watch, and pray for that Mind to be in us which was also in Christ Jesus; to do unto others as we would have them do unto us; and to be merciful, just, and pure." 

Science & Health Page 497:24-27

No comments:

Post a Comment

New Today

Correcting Twisted Views

Aurora Borealis in the Ozarks Photo courtesy of Catherine Reed One of the great things about the study of divine metaphysics is the never-en...