August 9, 2014 - Peace To My Mind

photo by Aaron Springston
ACIM Workbook Lesson #221
“Peace to my mind.  Let all my thoughts be still.”

What does peace mean to you? Thinking back through the years, at different times, it's meant different things to me. When I was a child, I didn't want peace because that seemed boring: excitement and adventure was what I craved. As a young adult, I thought that having a husband and plenty of money would mean peace. Later on when I had children, I thought when they grew up I would have peace! Now I see that peace isn't a personal desire or activity: it's a state of Mind. No matter how busy I am today, there will be moments to treasure, slipping into the the space between the thoughts and knowing the peace which is eternally ours.

Mary Baker Eddy quote:
“Willingness to become as a little child and to leave the old for the new, renders thought receptive of the advanced idea. Gladness to leave the false landmarks and joy to see them disappear,--this disposition helps to precipitate the ultimate harmony. The purification of sense and self is a proof of progress. ‘Blessed are the pure in heart: for they shall see God.’"

Science & Health Page 323:32-6

No comments:

Post a Comment

New Today

Truth Needs No Defense

Photo credit: Jerry Dupy Many of my friends are social activists. They have worked for years to improve our environment, politics, and the m...